In a Sea of Stars
Since this page is empty and titled “Star Systems,” I (Nolan) assume that this is supposed to be a repository of the planets we have visited and/or know of. So I’ll get this started too. I’ve built each system randomly, just so each world we visit doesn’t seem so isolated.
LOCATION: Middle of Domain of Esmer (Green)
CENTRAL BODY: Class O Star
ORBITING BODIES: 0 planets, previously 9, 3 habitable
Krellis Class M Planet that was the closest planet to orbit the large blue sun, but very far relative to most galaxies. Was the main residency of most Yellow Dragon in the galaxy. Though attempting to be neutral in Dragon War, the Gold and Silver house attacked the planet. In the battle that took place a weapon was dropped on the planet that obliterated it and most of the Yellow Dragons in the universe. What was left was an anomalous tear in space that threatens to destroy the very sun it rotates, having already destroyed the other planets that once orbited Aurea with it.
LOCATION: Fringe, (nearest the domain of House Sarava)
CENTRAL BODY: Class G star
ORBITING BODIES: 3 planets
- Evverus 1: Class I Planet in close orbit. Atmosphere is mostly hydrogen, helium, and neon. 2 satellites. No native life.
- Evverus 2: Class M Planet in moderate orbit. 4 satellites. Atmosphere comfortably within habitable standards. Usually referred to as Evverus. Covered in dense forests; heavily populated by elves, tribe-level culture. WARNING: Illegal activities prominent in area. Traveler caution advised.
- Evverus 3: Class D Planet in far orbit. No atmosphere present. Small mining presence for iron and titanium.
CENTRAL BODY: Class F star
ORBITING BODIES: 6 planets
- Korlos: Class Y Planetoid in very close orbit. Atmosphere believed to be composed of mostly neon and argon. No indigenous life observed. WARNING: Constantly active volcanoes on planet’s surface, combined with raging winds and immense atmospheric pressure, make the planetoid’s surface unreachable. Travelers are discouraged from attempting to land.
- Taklatana: Class H Planet in close orbit. 2 satellites. Atmosphere barely within acceptable parameters for supporting most life. Most fauna is small and reptilian; only evidence of sentient life are ruins of a past (possibly human) civilization. WARNING: Organized crime rumored to be operating in the area. Traveler caution advised.
- Strimdt: Class M Planet in moderate orbit. Atmosphere within acceptable parameters for supporting most life. 3 satellites. Indigenous population consists of mostly Orc, spacefaring-level culture. WARNING: Illegal activities and organized crime prominent in area. Traveler caution advised.
- Vlagstolf: Class P (formerly Class T) in moderate orbit. Original atmosphere stripped away in unidentified astronomical event. Single shielded city of same name. 7 satellites. WARNING: Illegal activities and organized crime prominent in area. Traveler caution advised.
- Galoskil: Class J Planet. Atmosphere of ammonia and methane. Core covered with liquid ammonia. Substantial rings surround the planet: particulates made mostly of iron, nickel, and copper. 11 satellites. Bacterial life confirmed.
- Klonaskarta: Class D Dwarf Planet in far orbit. Little to no atmosphere. Only presence is abandoned mining facilities that discovered the planet had few materials worth the credits to mine.
CENTRAL BODY: Class G star
ORBITING BODIES: 4 planets
(this is the Crayn system)
- Bahai: Class J Planet in close orbit. Atmosphere of hydrogen, helium, nitrogen, and ammonia. Locked in epicyclical orbit with Ronde. Pinkish hue of atmosphere led to the nickname “The Ballerina.”
- Ronde: Class I Planet in close orbit. Atmosphere of hydrogen, nitrogen, ammonia, and neon. Locked in epicyclical orbit with Bahai. Blueish hue of highly turbulent atmosphere led to the nickname “The Dancer.”
- Nirn: Small Class M Planet in close-moderate orbit. 1 satellite. Atmosphere comfortably within habitable standards. Heavily forested and inhabited by elves, halflings, and many varieties of fae. Hyper-advanced tribal culture, though aware of alien life. WARNING: Current treaties declare Nirn off-limits to off-worlders except with express consent.
- Crayn: Large Class M Planet in moderate orbit. 5 satellites. Atmosphere comfortably within habitable standards. Landscape varies (revitalized after war). Originally inhabited by humans, elves, dwarves, goblins, and orcs. Post-industrial/spacefaring culture. Crayn is a hub for much interstellar trade in the fringe systems.
SYSTEM: Nepture (COMING SOON TO A FORUM NEAR YOU!)
LOCATION: Fringe of Handor Domain
CENTRAL BODY: Class A star
ORBITING BODIES: 2 planets
- Poseid: Small Class N planet in close orbit. Uninhabitable by most species. 1 satellite. Little vegetation, but evidence has been found of an indigenous bipedal species. No contact has been made.
- Trident: Class J Planet in moderate-far orbit. Atmosphere of mostly ammonia, nitrogen, and neon. Uninhabitable for most species. No known indigenous life. 16 Satellites.
NOTE: 1 satellite of Trident, Atlantis, has been classified as a Class O planetoid. Home to hanar and mer-people. Alien contact has prompted the construction of underwater cities. Now a popular tourist resort.
LOCATION: Fringe of the Domain of Altara, Rimward Barrens
CENTRAL BODY: Class K star
ORBITING BODIES: 3
- Luzeiros: A Class H hot desert world with high gravity and an atmosphere mostly composed of nitrogen.
- Palgeia: A Class M Planet with a single large continent surrounded by a vast fresh-water ocean that dominates most of the planet. The planet only ever contained two races, Elves and Humans, and at this point in time it only contains humans. Early in its history the humans and the elves occupied opposite ends of the continent and barely interacted even where the two nations met. Where the elves lived, on the northern end of the continent, there were temperate forests and many rivers. The southern half where the humans lived was a great fertile plain with occasional valleys full of rich veins of metals. The elves were practicers of arcane magic and developed highly advanced arcane knowledge, while the humans developed technology, reaching steam and gunpowder tech, and divine spells under the worship of a lawful god known as Pholtus. 50 years prior to the planet’s integration the plains where the humans lived to dry up and burn. This drought started at the southern most point and spread upwards. As the humans moved north they began to war with the elves over land, also blaming them for the destruction of their homeland. When the white dragon house arrived to integrate the planet the humans sided with the dragons and, armed with new technology, wiped the elves out. This is the home planet of Slyrin Del Reeves.
- Traran: A Class L with an unusually large axial tilt causing extreme seasonal changes. Both the northern and southern hemispheres experience harsh winters, with cold nights that can last for weeks or months at a time depending on latitude. The atmosphere is composed mostly of nitrogen and oxygen, but high levels of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide make it lethal to humans. The most advanced form of life on this planet is a type of fungus.
Planet classes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_M_planet
Star classes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_classification#Spectral_types